09 July 2015

Front Yards in Bloom - Judging


This week I had the privilege of being a preliminary judge for Front Yards in Bloom.  "This recognition program is all about celebrating the efforts of our neighbours in beautifying Edmonton's neighbourhoods." (http://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/landscaping_gardening/front-yards-in-bloom.aspx)


I visited the nominees within a specified area and placed a lawn sign along with a brochure to indicate the garden was nominated/recognized for Front Yards in Bloom.  While doing so, I filled out an evaluation sheet for those that impressed me the most.  Using this same sheet, I used the criteria to select two yards which would proceed to the final judging by professional judges; the ceremony for which to be held this fall.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the favourites gardens and their respective gardeners receive recognition for beautifying their front yards.

Here's one front garden that impressed me.














1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Very busy gardens. Looks wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...