25 January 2016

Chinese New Year at the Muttart Conservatory

The Chinese New Year Celebrations took place at the Muttart Conservatory January 23 with grand fireworks early in the evening.  My daughter and her boyfriend went and she shared her photos with me.  With her permission I share them here.  There were so many so I made some collages.

This year is the year of the monkey.  There were several activities for the family held on the 23rd to celebrate and I am sad I missed it:

  • Learn of the legends of the Lunar New Year.
  • Family oriented activities: crafts of a traditional Chinese rattle drum, planting a jade plant, search for Monkey King, hot chocolate and guided tours.
  • Interactive activities.
  • Dance and music performances at 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm
  • Fireworks display at 6:00 pm from the Ski Hill behind the Muttart. 

The feature pyramid was dedicated to the celebration with special displays.  Photos hereafter are of that display.



 The screens are incredibly beautiful.













And the grand finale:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...