26 April 2011

Growing Sprouts at Home - the Cheaper and Healthy Alternative



This brief video makes growing sprouts easy to accomplish with the most simple of ingredients.  Sprouts are excellent in stir fry dishes and in sandwiches.  Imagine a ciabatta sandwich with your favourite meat and cheese, and sprouts sprinkled over top of the filling.  Delicious!

Here's a sandwich recipe I found on Good Sprout News:
Sprout Mountain Sandwich
Sprout Mountain Sandwich


3 slices cooked bacon
1/4 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. relish
dash of paprika

Crumble bacon and mix with remaining ingredients. Spread the mixture on an open croissant. Then add in layers:

alfalfa sprouts
cucumber, thinly sliced
tomatoes
green onions, chopped

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I would like to try this Shirley - I will keep an eye out for the seeds. thanks for sharing this video!

Fresh Garden said...

That's inspiring!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Rambling Woods said...

I never considered doing that and I do like them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...