06 April 2014

Orchids, You are an Obsession.....


April 5, my friend Kim, son Matt and I attended the annual Orchid Show and Sale at the Enjoy Centre in St. Albert.  I took over 300 photos but don't worry, I'm not going to share ALL of them here!  I've chosen a selection of some of my favourites, the most unusual and most dramatic of those I've seen.  For the most part I've left out commentary so you can just scroll through and enjoy.  I hope you do.



























 I don't know about you, but this looks like a tulip.  Anguloa, commonly known as tulip orchids, is a small orchid genus closely related to Lycaste.  This genus is found on the forest floor at high elevations from VenezuelaColombiaEcuador to Peru.  There are nine species of tulip orchid.  (I learned so much as a result of attending this orchid show.) Source:  Wikipedia








2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, these are beautiful, and yes orchids can become an obsession/addiction. That's really interesting about the tulip orchids.

FlowerLady

Shirley said...

Hello FlowerLady Lorraine! So glad you stopped by. I was blown away by the variety of orchids available and surprised at the likeness to the tulip the one has! Incredible.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...