30 March 2011

Gardening 101 With Frank Ferragine (Edmonton Home and Garden Show)

The Realities
  1. There are no no-maintenance gardens.
  2. Some plants will die.
  3. Gardening is not rocket science.
  4. Gardening is trial and error.
Ultimate Goals
  1. All year interest.  Include evergreens, grasses, weeping trees and statuary/hard structure.
  2. Your garden needs to fit you and your lifestyle.
  3. Find the right plant for the right place.
The Keys
  1. Know your soil. ie. clay, sand, loam
  2. Know your light. ie. full sun, part sun, shade
  3. Know your zone ie. USDA/Canada zone, microclimates
  4. Know your limits ie. slopes, winds, high traffic, children, pets, your physical limits
Next post goes into more detail in the above.  Be sure to stop by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

A good list to consider. I need to enrich our soil this year. Will look forward to your next post. These next few days above zero will be messy but encouraging I think!

Anonymous said...

I drop a leave a response each time I especially enjoy a article on a site or if I have
something to add to the conversation. It's triggered by the sincerness displayed in the post I browsed. And on this article "Gardening 101 With Frank Ferragine (Edmonton Home and Garden Show)". I was actually moved enough to write a commenta response :-P I do have a couple of questions for you if you do not mind. Is it only me or do some of the remarks appear like they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at other online sites, I'd like to follow you.
Would you make a list all of all your community pages like
your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
Feel free to visit my web site - my blog joomla

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...