What are you doing for Earth Day? People all across Canada are encouraged to turn off their lights for one hour beginning at 8:30 pm. It's just a small thing, really, but if everyone across our fine nation turn off the lights at the same time for one hour, we will be helping our world! As we unite to support solutions for clean energy, we should question what practices we engage in that contribute to problems in the environment. What can we do to make a difference?
- shut off lights when not in use
- use efficient appliances
- when shopping for new appliances, check the labels for energy wise consumption
- refrain from using electricity needlessly during peak hours in the early evening
- recycle, reuse, reduce
- take the transit instead of your car every day
- walk, ride your bike
- purchase vehicles with better fuel economy
- don't run the water while brushing your teeth
- turn down the thermostat and put on a sweater
What ideas do you have to reduce your carbon footprint? What practices do you follow now that make a positive impact on the environment? Do you set goals to live green? Will you be joining the hundreds of thousands of people across the land on March 26 to turn off the lights? For those in the USA, do you celebrate earth day? How?
For more information see WWF site: http://wwf.ca/earthhour/