06 April 2012

Spring Storm and Snowfall Warning


Thursday, April 4 was sunny and 16 Celsius here but yesterday we awoke to this sight.  The snow began at 2 am and continued into the afternoon reaching approximately 15 cms accumulation.  I took this photo at about 5 am as I was getting ready for work.  Areas throughout the city had power outages and as I took the transit to work, I saw my area black out as well.  In another area near work, a transformer was on fire so they were without electricity for a while.

Today is sunny and warm.  The accumulated snow on the streets has melted.  (yay!).  I hear, via my hubby, that it was gorgeous in Fort McMurray yesterday and my mom in Southern Alberta informed me it was lovely down her way.  I can't complain, though, as Calgary and Central Alberta got it worse than us.

Happy Easter!  I guess the Easter egg hunts will be held indoors throughout our city.


For Edmontonians, here are a few links to sites sponsoring Easter Egg Hunts this weekend:

http://www.edmontonscience.com/exhibits-events/events-calendar/easter-eggstravaganza

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/news/2012/hop-to-it-easter-monday-at-the-edmonton-valley-zoo.aspx

http://www.cityandbaby.com/journal/2012/4/5/what-to-do-this-weekend-in-edmonton-easter-events.html



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological world all is existing on net?
Feel free to visit my homepage ... read this blog and get stoned

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...