01 April 2012

Winter Makes a Brief Appearance (January 2012)

 I am finally getting caught up on posting some of my winter photos.  Here in central/north Alberta we have enjoyed an extremely mild winter.  In January, however, winter finally cloaked our little corner of the world in beautiful white.  The first five photos are taken from the front of the house.




 The last two photos here are taken from the deck looking to the south east portion of the garden.  I used an effect in iPhoto for the above photo, which I thought gave it an interesting appearance.
The pooches love the garden, as  you can well see from all the tracks they have made during their explorations.  The tree still holding leaves, albeit crispy orange, is the three-flowered maple.  It is possibly my favourite tree in the garden.  I love its fall plumage, with a variant of orange and red hues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in fact thankful to the owner of this web page who has
shared this wonderful piece of writing at here.
Take a look at my web blog : my article archive

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...