10 August 2013

A Visit to Horsehills U Pick Farm Yields Something More...



I recall an art class in elementary school during which we had to select something to sketch.  Next to our school yard sat an old dilapidated barn.  It was perfect and I soon got busy with pencil and paper, duplicating the image before me.

Since then, I have had an eye for similar scenes.  When Kim and I spent a Saturday berry picking, we lucked upon these old buildings, an old farmstead, on the property.  With the owner's permission, we ventured forth, enduring rain showers, to explore.  




I love what black and white reveals.
It just seems appropriate to render some photos to black and white to capture the "age" of the structures.
















1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful, but sad in a way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...