03 December 2012

How to Decorate a Christmas Tree BH&G Video and Festival of Trees Collage



The Inspiration:

Collage compiled from Festival of Trees photos taken in 2010
Instruction:

http://www.bhg.com/videos/m/32071352/how-to-decorate-a-christmas-tree.htm (check out this video for step by step instructions)

Rule of thumb for stringing lights:  100 lights per vertical foot of height of your tree.  Weave the string of lights up and down the branches, not limiting yourself to just the exterior of the tree.

Follow with garland, then big ornaments, then mid-size ornaments, then small.  This video suggests putting your tree topper on before adding ornaments to avoid messing them up but I like to stick with tradition and add the topper last, as the finishing touch.

Do you add the topper last?

Incidentally, today is the last day of the Festival of Trees here in Edmonton (December 2/12) at the Shaw Conference Centre.  If you are in town, I highly recommend you attend.  Sadly, I will miss it this year.  I love to volunteer at this event which is a fundraiser for the Stollery Children's Hospital, but I missed out this year when the forms to sign up when to my old address and was picked up last month, too late to register.  I'm not attending this year either.  It's my son's birthday and we are having a family gathering here today.  I can't believe he's 25 already!!  They grow up far too fast!

Have a terrific week everyone!


Join Mary for more mosaics in her weekly meme Mosaic Monday.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...