23 March 2013

Post Blizzard


We had 33 cms of snow in 12 hours during the storm!!  Not a drop has melted and right now it is minus 19 Celsius (-2.2 F), minus 25  Celsius (-13 F) with the windchill.  The snow plows and sanding trucks have been out so the major thorough fares are fair to drive but the side roads and residential streets are rather bad.  My husband got stuck on one just yesterday.


It even looks cold but the sun is shining and the forecast is for -6 Celsius today.  We don't expect to get above freezing again until Thursday of next week.  

It's a perfect day to stay indoors and watch movies.  My friend Kim and I are doing just that this afternoon.  Has anyone else seen The Hobbit?  I saw it in the theatre with my hubby and just had to get the movie when it came out in Blu Ray/DVD.  

What are you doing today?


4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, you sure got a lot more snow. I would stay indoors too.

I'm at work, and it is a beautiful day outdoors, although getting warm and humid, the high today is to be in the 80's. It's cloudy and breezy.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Shirley said...

80 degrees is hot to me!! I'm sure the humidity makes it feel even more so, but a breeze is welcome, I'm sure.

Have a wonderful weekend FlowerLady!

Karen said...

Oh my, that is a lot of snow! We have had a cold, gray day here and a little thawing. Good day for stained glass and some much-needed house cleaning. Hope you have a great weekend!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Wow! It's cold out your way. We had cold and oodles of snow last week, but I must say, it's been slightly warmer this weekend.

Yes, I've seen The Hobbit and I loved it; I love all Tolkein.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...