09 March 2013

Rosemary and Thyme and Hogweed



A few years ago I watched a British mystery program called Rosemary and Thyme.  It appeals to me on many levels.  One, it is British.  Two, it is a mystery.  And three, gardening is a major theme throughout.  

My friend Kim sent me the link to the above episode, which is the first in the television series and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to share it with you as well.  This episode deals with hogweed, a toxic giant of a weed that has become a problem here as well as in Britain.  I blogged about Giant Hogweed - Like Something Out of a Science Fiction Movie and Giant Hogweed on the Spread.  Seeing this program was a rather interesting way of bringing to life a topic I had researched almost two years ago.  It's a pity it is so aggressive as I can see why it was introduced to our country by someone who thought it was an impressive addition to their garden.  It is rather striking but don't let looks fool you.  

I hope you enjoy this program as much as I did.  You get to learn a little too, which is always an advantage in the gardening world.

PS  I saw an enormous rabbit in my back yard today and its fur was turning brown in patches on its back.  A sure sign spring is on the way.  Photos to follow soon.

2 comments:

Anne said...

i will watch that when i have a little time to myself. yes the rabbit i saw last week had a lot of brown on him or her.

Anonymous said...

Just my kind of show, i just watched the all episode, i had never seen it beore.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...