23 November 2010

Watery Wednesday


Droplets of water gather on the window as I gaze outside at the snow which has been falling here off and on since Tuesday, November 16.  This photo was taken November 18 in the afternoon during a brief respite from the snow.  At moments the sun tries to break through and even a sundog appeared earlier while I was outside shovelling.  Tales say a sundog means a change of weather.  Does that mean colder or warmer, I wonder.  The forecast says colder.  I hope they are wrong.  Our lows are going down to -20 C and our highs are forecasted to be -11 C or so.  Normal high for this time of year in Edmonton is -3 C.  I think we are in for a cold snap.  An "Alberta Chiller" says the weatherman as he refers to the system which hit parts of our province.  "Chiller" indeed! 

What is everyone else contributing to Watery Wednesday?  Check here: http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my, that's a lot of snow already...we are expecting some blizzard-like conditions tomorrow. I guess we have to face it, Winter has arrived!

Rambling Woods said...

And it's coming our way on Thanksgiving Day...Brrrrr.....

Arija said...

You sound vaguely depressed with the weather.
If I were young again, I would love to build a snow man, That snow looks like just the right consistency.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...