28 July 2011

Summer Blooming


 It's time to flaunt the beauty of summer.  Included in bloom now are delphinium, above, tomatoes, radish!!, heuchera, hostas, columbine (not shown today), and a couple blooms still remain on the mock orange.  Come along for a garden stroll......


 Aphids are bad on the tomatoes right now!




 The very last of the mock orange blooms, above.


 I love that moss will grow in the crevices around the pond.  It volunteered here.




 Our favourite spot in the yard, above and below.



The amur maple samaras are turning pink already.


 Summer Wine Ninebark, above.


Bridal Veil Astilbe, above.


 Heucheras in bloom (coral bells), above and below.



 Fuschia, above.


This hare rests conspicuously in a neighbour's front yard just across the street from us.


 Fruits of the alpine currant, above.


Hostas are in full bloom now.

Even this silly radish is blooming.  All my radishes went to tops this year.  I seem to have terrible luck with them.  I planted near the end of May.  Any suggestions, anyone, on how to get radishes to actually grow?

What's blooming in your garden?  Please leave a comment here with a link to your blog or your Fertilizer Friday/Flaunt Your Flowers post.  I'd love to see what's blooming in your neighbourhood.  I'm joining Fertilizer Friday/Flaunt Your Flowers with Glenda at Tootsie Time.  
Come on over to see what's in season.

14 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a lovely yard. I haven't seen a rabbit like that since I left Nevada. I actually plant a large type of red radish just for the blooms that attract all kinds of little insects that pollinate everything else. I grow them in my large planters.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You have some wonderful blooms right now. I love the blue delphs. Wow.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

joo said...

Such a lovely yard! I love delphinium- it has such a beautiful colour!

cherry said...

That rabbit sure has some long ears..lol Oh my goodness you have so pretties it's hard to pick a favorite.
Hope you have a great weekend.
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Sheila said...

Shirley - this tour of your beautiful yard was so interesting. You must take such great pleasure in tending to everything. The care in planning is evident! I love your pond!

Beth said...

Shirley, That blue delphinium is a stunner! Love your pond and your hostas too.
Beth

Mel_Cole said...

I love your delphiniums. :) I wish I could grow those.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That delphineum is gorgeous...I could decorate a room around this color. Your pictures are beautiful!

Arija said...

Your garden is doing so well but if you have trouble with aphids, just put a pot of chives under your plants . I underplant my roses with onions, leeks, garlic and chives. They do not harm the aphids but their smell confuses them so they do not breed. Hope that clears up the problem.

Icy BC said...

Beautiful blooms in your garden!

Autumn Belle said...

I love the shade of your blue delphineum. Your garden is blooming well and the foliage plants are luscious and nice.

Olga Poltava said...

Beautiful garden photos! I especially like the picture of your delphinium, love that blue color.

Tootsie said...

I love this whole post...but especially that color of delphinium!!! Mine were white...and a storm took the blooms before I could even take one photo!
thanks for linking in this week...I always love to visit you!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon every day.
It will always be exciting to read content from other authors
and use a little something from their websites.
Have a look at my weblog ... my blog guest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...