01 July 2011

This Week in the Garden


Beginning with a look at the vegetables in containers.






Galahad Mock Orange (above and below) is covered in white fragrant blossoms.




Summer Wine Ninebark is almost finished blooming.  So are the peonies, particularly after Wednesday evening's storm.


The Morden Blush hardy rose is full of blooms and buds.




Endless Summer Hydrangea has had a slow start this year.  I transplanted it last fall so it will receive more sunlight.  It didn't flower at all last year, so this is my effort to induce blooming.  That and fertlizer!


I love the juxtaposition of the blazing white of the Snow in Summer against the burgundy of the Rose Glow Barberry.
Evening Scented Stock (matthiola) has grown about 1/2 inch in the last week.  I can't wait for it to bloom!


My daughter's dog, Stitch, loves to hang around the pond and the shrubs.


Lastly, we visit the fuchsia in the front yard which has just come into its own this week.

What's blooming in your Fertilizer Friday/Flaunt Your Flowers garden?  

Happy Canada Day!!!


16 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wonderful photos of your blooms in your lovely garden. It must be such a treat to walk around in all this beauty. Enjoy.

FlowerLady

Joani said...

Lovely photos of the blooms. Have a great weekend. Happy Canada Day. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

The white snow in summer is really an eye-catcher, I thought it was a snowbank at first. Love all the flowers in your garden and Stitch is a cute little addition, too!

Anne said...

wow, I love your yard,, what all do you have in with the tomatoes, my roses are just starting to flower.one plant I had to cut a lot of rust off, taking some blossoms with it.hope thtas the last of it. peony is starting to bloom, poppies are finishing, most of garden is up. we had such a wet spring, now its going to be hot and bring out the west nile mosquitos.. oh well, put on repellant and enjoy. soon its over

Beth said...

Your mock orange and ninebark are fabulous, as is the dainty pink rose! Happy Canada Day!
Beth

Alison said...

The dog is a cutie! I too like the snow in summer. Hmm...I pulled some out when I first started gardening here, maybe I should rethink that. I've heard it tends to spread a lot.

Everything else is looking good!

Happy Canada Day!

Netty said...

Your Mock Orange is beautiful! For some reason, mine refuses to give me more than just a few blooms. Your Peonies are beautiful too :)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful blooms. I like the contrast against the barberry, too. The color of your roses are so soft and sweet. Stitch is just adorable.

Asha Ram said...

The tomato plants look healthy. Hope you get a good harvest. I liked the roses too; lovely color. I can't resist to mention your blog site on my blog roll.

Lona said...

Your garden looks so wonderful. I am just going to have to try that Snow in the Summer plant. I love the look of it.Your Nine Bark is just beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend.

~~Rhonda said...

I love your veggie containers! Fun! Your garden is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos! ~~Rhonda

EG CameraGirl said...

Your garden looks great and your vegetables in containers are awesome!

Rambling Woods said...

Happy Canada Day Shirley..everything looks beautiful. We didn't get those storms and we could use some rain now...Michelle

forgetmenot said...

Shirley, Thanks so much for becoming a "follower". You have a lovely yard. Those roses are beyond gorgeous. Your daughter's dog is adorable too. I'll check your blog out often. Mickie :)

The Sage Butterfly said...

Your garden is lovely. I like the collection of plants in the pots...works very well.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I bet the Mock Orange smells heavenly! And I can't decide if I like your pink peonies or pink roses best. They're both so beautiful.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...