24 July 2010

Morden Blush Rose

Morden Blush Rose in my garden
The Morden Blush rose is one in a series of "Mordens" (Parkland) developed in Morden, Manitoba to be hardy in the prairie provinces of Canada.  The bush resembles a tea rose bearing clusters of smaller rosebuds that open wide to blooms somewhat like a cabbage rose but smaller in diameter.

Others to look for in the same series are Morden Sunrise, Morden Ruby, Morden Amorette, Morden Belle, Morden Centennial, Morden Fireglow, Morden Snow Beauty. 

Another gorgeous hardy rose developed by the Morden Research Station is Winnipeg Parks.  It has single (sometimes clustered) hot pink large blossoms.  A true beauty!

5 comments:

Lona said...

Hello and welcome to Blotanical. I am sure you will enjoy your time here.
I just planted the Morden Blush rose this spring and I am loving it so far. It has beautiful blooms and fragrance.
Lona

James David said...

hi, Just dropby from Blotanical.
Captivated by the beauty of your roses.
Wished I have something like that in my garden - cabbage roses.. they look so fat and interesting.
Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty rose.

Shirley said...

Thank you James, threedogsinagarden and Hocking Hills Gardener for visiting my blog. I am glad to be affiliated with Blotanical. It's a great way to share our passion for gardening!

RURAL said...

Funny, that's the exact shade and form of the roses I had in my mind, when I wrote my post on wanting a gated garden...sigh. I don't know if they come in a climber, but I will be looking out for them. Armstrong will be cold, and the roses will need to be hardy.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...