26 September 2010

Straight Out of the Camera


Our city had at one time planted birch along the boulevards in many residential areas.  Which was fine initially because Edmonton once received more annual rainfall/moisture than it does of late.  The city got smart and replaced the dead and dying trees with burr oak.  Oak have a tap root which allows them to seek water deep within the soil whereas many trees have shallow roots which run parallel to the surface.  I took this photo last evening while enjoying a glorious autumn stroll.

Join Jan for Straight Out of the Camera here:  http://www.murrieta365.com/

4 comments:

Jan said...

I love your shot of the oak leaf. Yes, it is that time of year to see wonderful colors.

SouthernSass said...

Beautiful color! Here in the south we are still having very warm temps and our leaves do not change until late October.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I am now one of your followers! :)

Michele said...

Ah yes! I have yet to take a beautiful shot of autumn and it is my favorite time of the year. You have captured it so perfectedly with this photo. I need to get out and start snapping the colors or the snow will soon fall before I know it!!

Rambling Woods said...

Love fall leaves of all kinds...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...