24 September 2010

Ode to Trees


TREES by Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by people like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Poplar

Spruce

Schubert Chokecherry and Spruce
trees in Louisiana above and below (photo taken by my son Tyler)

Amur Cherry


Pine tree in Cold Lake


maple
Ahh, the beauty of trees!

2 comments:

Karen said...

The diversity of trees never fails to amaze me. So often we take them for granted. The one with all of the moss? growing on it is spectacular! Thank you for the inspirational tree post!

Rambling Woods said...

I love trees....beautiful photos...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...