02 September 2010

Take a Peak

Recently we travelled to Cold Lake, Alberta with the intent of going to Race the Base (see http://shirley-adventuresinanotsounusuallife.blogspot.com/2010/08/race-base.html) which we did, and I found so many lovely homes near the marina and around town that begged to be photographed!  Here's the first in this "series".


I love this style of home.  It looks traditional (I always lean toward the more traditional in interior decor and landscaping) and reminds me of the grandeur of homes from Gone With the Wind though perhaps on a smaller scale.  Isn't it beautiful?

4 comments:

James said...

That house is picture perfect and it even has a white picket fence.

Linda said...

That is rather lovely. I'm always intrigued by North American street numbers - they go up so high!

Shirley said...

James, yes it is picture perfect isn't it? Thanks for stopping by.

Linda, how does the house numbering system work in Scotland? I'm intrigued. I saw a house the other day here with six digits! Now, that's a lot of numbers! Thanks for visiting.

Hope you both come back soon!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...